Monday, March 11, 2013

Part time job

Seems like my blog is quite dead lol.

For the past 2-3 weeks, I've been working for a caterer as the service crew with a few of my classmates. Our job is basically serving and clearing. Quite an easy job with a pay of RM10 per hour. And he pays for our food and parking fee. According to Tan, it was our Business lecturer who introduced this job to us. Not bad huh? 

21st Feb (Thursday)

Had my lunch at home and got ready to wait for Tan to come and fetch me. After that, we went to lakeside to fetch JingEn and off to work. Today's destination is mudah.my company in The Gardens. Yes, a dinner in the office. A CNY dinner to be exact. It was my first day working, so I was quite blur with all the things, but luckily Tan was there to help. We reached quite some time before the caterer came in, so he asked us to start wiping the plates and cups first. Funny thing is he didn't leave any wiping cloth there, so the employees there gave us a stalk of serviette for wiping. I think if our F&B lecturers sees this, they are going to vomit blood straight away.

After wiping the plates, the caterer, David came in and we started setting up everything. Luckily it was a buffet dinner, so there weren't much things to do. They even had lion dance in the office. And the office is freaking small. How did the lions come in....? After the lion dance, the employees had "lo sang", then dinner started. It was quite fun to see them playing some games after dinner. They made their colleagues dance, and Angmos to write chinese calligraphy. Today's event ended quite early at about 9pm. After clearing everything and getting our pay, we headed to the car park. My toes were aching like mad at that time thanks to the shoe which is not my size. When we reached lakeside, my sister wasn't here yet so I asked JingEn to wait with me. So in the end, Tan fetched us to his car first, then we drove out to the starbucks at the round about. No doubts that there were Taylor's guards standing around there, but I still dont feel safe at 10+ at night.

Went home and my sister just realised that I wore her shoe, so she asked me " you can fit into that shoe ah? (my shoes are usually one size bigger than hers) even I wear also very tight d wor". My reaction straight away was "WHATTTTTT. Why didn't you tell me? TT". My two big toes ended up looking blue-black, and until today is still not gone yet.

25th Feb (Monday)

Today's work destination: Blackbox, Publika. It is an after party for E-pop's something awards ceremony.
As usual, Tan came and fetch me, then we headed to lakeside to fetch a guy from Group 4 but somehow his name just can't register in my head. Then the 3 of us, and Angel went together. There were more crews for today's event, a total of 18 of us, including Tan's boyfriend and his friend. David asked us to go and dapao some food back for dinner, so we ended up going to Publika's food court and order 17 chicken rice. The chicken rice stall came out from the kitchen, and saw the order on the screen, and her first reaction was "HUH?" with a literal :O facial expression. The 3 of us burst out laughing and told her yes, 17. HAHAHAHA epic reaction man. While waiting for them to get our rice ready, we went to the nearest shop which sells mineral water and bought 10 bottles of it. Damn heavy! Bumped into Jingen and the G4 guy on the way back, and they didn't even lend us a helping hand until they were asked to. Such "gentlemen".

Went back to the event venue and gobbled our early dinner and started working. This time we had to keep bringing the food out, tray by tray. The food looked so nice, so we decided to "curi makan" on the way out haha. And OMG it taste so good!! The toughest part was not the serving, but clearing of the glasses. We had to clear 10+ glasses at one go, and separate the mocktail and cocktail glasses, and clear the glasses. There were different stations for cocktail and mocktails, both and two ends of the venue, so each time we have to walk from north to south to clear it. Glasses are damn heavy, especially those with liquids in it. 

There were some local celebs there, like Amber Chia, Belinda Chee and Frederick Lee (李洺中). And there was this guy who is damn freaking TALL that I can only reach his waist. Even the cocktail reception table can only reach his butt. 

That was a tiring but fun day. :)


28th Feb (Thursday)

Today's destination: Guinness Anchor Berhad (GAB)

Tan had another job in the afternoon so today I had to take the bus down to Kelana Jaya and meet JingEn there. Left the house at 3.10pm and I thought the bus should be here by 3.20pm, but I forgot that 3.20pm is the time where the bus is only around Sunway Pyramid. By 3.30pm, I was still at the bus stop waiting for the damn bus, worrying that I'll be late because I'm supposed to meet Jingen at 4pm. Luckily I managed to reach there in time. Waited outside the LRT station because I texted him and there was no reply. After that, he came running from one floor above, saying that there's no more credit in the phone and ran into 7-eleven. Next thing he told me was: "Faster, I parked at the zon tunda" GENIUS. Went in the car and CN Blue's I'm sorry was playing. Such coincidence haha. Then he started reloading his phone credit, but failed after a few attempts. Know why? he keyed in the wrong code! And almost went back to 7-11 to change the thing == blurness kills.

Reached GAB before 4.30pm and everything was almost done even before we reached. Walked around, stoned for a while, and dinner came. Guess what they gave? Nasi goreng PEDAS. As you know, I cant stand spicy food, not even abit. But this time if I dont eat, I'll starve till night time. Sigh. And wow, I managed to finish the whole packet, with the aid of one whole bottle of water. Ended up being teased by Jingen saying that I'm a choosy fella. Eh, at least I eat prawns and squid and won't steal cashew nuts from other people's plate. :P

Our job today, clearing as usual. But we stole a cup of beer during work. HAHA. But quite pathetic, the 3 of us had to share one miserable cup. I've never drank this brand, Strongbow before and once I tried, straight away fall in love with it. It taste like Heineken, but much smoother and sweeter. Best beer ever. 

When we were clearing everything, we took the packets of rubbish to the rubbish area in the factory. The rubbish packet was big and heavy, and as you know I'm short, so I ended up struggling with the rubbish as it was dragging on the road. One nice guy turned back and help me to carry it. Thank you! After passing the bag over, the trolley beside me fell side ways and one of the bags had one hole. Suddenly, *splash* the leftover beer from the bag came leaking out. Gross to the max! With no choice, the guy had to run with the fastest speed to throw it away. The other two guys pushing the trolley kept laughing and saying "semen, semen" LOLLLL!!! 3 of us burst out laughing.

The kitchen crew even prepared a cake for the birthday boy. So nice! Tan and I went in to grab a cup of Strongbow each, and some Guinness for the adults. Why do they love that so much? Hmmmm... 
Because a sakai was rushing me, I had to finish that cup in 10 minutes. OMG felt so dizzy after that. Sei yeh, want me to get drunk ah now. Really got abit high when I got home, but was better after eating some food.

(pic taken from a friend's instagram)

5th March (Tuesday)


Went to Space, a shop in the Intermark building today. But wasn't a good day today. Was serving the food in trays, and nobody eats it! So we ended up holding the tray, walking around and doing nothing. Was worried that my pay will get cut down lol. I guess it was some launching for Royal Selangor's project or something. The whole place was so classy. Felt so stress working in there. We started packing at 4+, and David shoo-ed us off before 5 to avoid the jam. 
(taken from a friend's insta)


We planned to go to Burgerlab for dinner with Hup Ping, mana tau he called and say Burgerlab's kitchen is under renovation so is closed. :( SAD. So Burgerlab, Nadeje, and tong sui plan called off and we ended up in Kepong having dinner. The 3 of us shared one XL honeydew melon drink, and I ordered fish and chips. 


Tan sent JE and me home after that. Woohoo :D


7th March (Thursday)

Today's job starts at 8am, so I had to wake up at 6. Told JingEn to meet at lakeside's Starbucks at 6.45, and he came at 6.50, I pulak reached at 6.40. The sunrise scenery at lakeside was awesome! But Jing En was too fast, Taylor's building was already blocking it before I could reach my camera. Then we went to Puchong to fetch Tan and headed off to Bangsar South. We reached there on time but David only came in at 9! Lol... We were all like zombies (including the kitchen crew). JE nagged at me saying: "You know we got to wake up early some more sleep at 3am." Summore tell us he slept for 7 hours. Wanted to poke him so much but too bad we were handling crockeries, so better not take the risk. It is a soft launch for the office called Swift. Their pantry was so small that only 3 person can fit in at one time. So the kitchen crew had to cook in the fire escape corridor. We joked and say what happens if there's a fire? Where do we run to? LOL!

The nice city view in the morning

(from JE's insta)

Damn alot of Angmo's and they were so tall. So hard to serve them =/ But we had no choice, as they were VIPs. Today's food looks so delicious! Desserts were all gone too. 

When cleaning up the glasswares, I don't know what on earth happened in the pantry, there were coffee stains everywhere! :O Panic! Luckily their paint was water based, so it was still possible to get rid of some of the stains. 

After work, David took us for lunch at Bali Feel. Yes, spicy food again. Before ordering, I even asked the kakak if their pineapple fried rice is spicy, she said is not. Okay lo I eat. Found 5 chilli in the rice and took almost an hour to finish it. 



Asked JE to send me to Kelana Jaya, but then Tan say why not ask him to send you straight home? Guess what is his reply? "I didn't say I'm not sending her back, she sendiri say wanna take bus home only" I almost wanna poke him again. 欠打。

Reached home in the afternoon and thought that I finally didn't leave anything in his car, and then it came to my mind that the soya can I wanted to throw when I get home is left in there! The last time was my knife set, then kitchen scarf which dropped out from the knife set. Really don't know why do I always leave things in his car. Urghhh.

Will be working in Sepang for Future Music Festival Asia 2013 and Edu fair in KLCC on sunday. Busy week ahead I guess. 

No comments:

Post a Comment